What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cabin heat cable questions

Charles in SC

Well Known Member
I think it is on dwg 24 pt # f 746. This has 4 holes. I assume one is for the cabin heat or alternate air? I have an IO 360. If not for the cabin heat cable, where is a good place to put it?
Thanks!

You're forgetting carb heat

Hi Charles,
The F-746 is set up for Carb heat, throttle, mixture, prop.

Change it as you see fit for your situation. I placed flap switch in the carb heat spot since I am injected.

The cabin heat valve is actuated by a bowden cable that passes through the 3/4" angle on the firewall just below the firewall recess. The cabin heat control will naturally want to be somewhere on lower right side of the panel in order to execute the simple cable arc between actuator handle and heat valve.

I put the cabin heat way over on the right side of my switch sub-panel. That is the only control a passenger might activated and I wanted it as far away from all the other controls as I could manage. (It also made it easy to run the cable and open the valve.)

It is also one control that is not "flight critical" and besides, you can still reach it, even with the harness tightened.

Back