What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

C-Frame Dimpler

danboy

I'm getting ready to order a tool kit and I'm looking for an explanation of the differences between a standard C-Frame simpler and the DRDT-2 Dimpler. It seems the DRDT is the better choice but why? Thanks...

ExperimentalAero website has info

There is information on the website that might help with your decision. Experimentalaero.com

DRDT has a handle/lever arm which supplies sufficient force to dimple. Basic C frame, you hit it with a hammer.

The DRDT-2 is quiet to use. You can dimple at all hours of the day and night and not disturb anyone in your home, much less your neighbors. I believe it may also result in fewer unintentional dimples as the C-frame can on occasion require three hands-one to hold the material, a second to position the dimple and a third to swing the hammer. On the flip side, the C-frame can be used to rivet while the DRDT-2 cannot. I have not found a need to rivet with a C-Frame to date in my build, but the possibility is intriguing and I may purchase one at some time in the future. The DRDT-2 is well designed and built, and other builders really like it when they try it. I highly recommend it.

Back