What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

C-frame dimpler and pneumatic dimpler

BobCollins(AA)

Well Known Member
I have the standard c-frame dimpler from Avery and a pneumatic squeezer which I would like to combine. Anyone knows how I could mount the pneumatic squeezer on the C-frame . I have a foot switch for the pneumatic squeezer so it would make a great tool to dimple...

If you're thinking of using the Avery C-frame as a yoke for the squeezer, it'll never work. You'd need something much beefier. Look at the DRDT-2 frame, for example, and even it flexes quite a bit. The Avery frame is really meant as just an aligning tool for the mating dimple dies, and it doesn't take any of the stress from the dimpling operation itself.

--
Stephen

The C frame is meant to hammer blow the tools to form the dimples. As Stephen said, the stress incorporated in squeezing would bend the frame. I have mounted yokes on my pneumatic squeezer in a vice and used it that way to dimple parts, but you will always be limited by the depth of the yokes.

Roberta

Back