What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

C-702 Trimming

Rainmaker

2me96ph.jpg

I'm beginning to install the side skirts on my tip up. Using the dimension in the plans for the side skirt (28 5/8") It looks like I'll end up trimming about 7/16" off the aft edge of C-702 skin where it joins the side skirt. I don't see this mention in the manual or plans. Nor am I seeing it documented on builder's sites. Is this standard practice or am I missing something

Last edited:
Follow up

Thanks Scott. In your case by trimming the side skirt to fit did you end up with a small triangular gap where the 702/side skirt joint rests on top of the longeron? Do we just ignore as the weatherstripping will seal that gap?

21n2hig.jpg

Wondering.....

I have come to installing the side skirts on my RV 7 tipper as well and when I placded against the framework it appears i have to take a sliver of metal off the top in order for it to fit up against the rear skin properly.

I wish i could post pictures here but cant seem to .

My question is to anyone , have you had to cut any amount of side skin top portion in order to fit it to the rear side skin and framework?

Back