What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

burraway driver

borislav

What are people using to spin their Burraways? My air drill is way too fast. My cordless drill is way too heavy. My cordless screwdriver only accepts hex bits. I thought I had a solution with this hex shank chuck from Harbor Freight, but it seems to be out of stock.

Ideas?

Edit: Found a similar item on Amazon: 1/4" drill bit adapter

Thanks,
Boris
-7 empennage

Last edited:
I use my air drill at full speed. The key is that you have to have the spring on the burraway adjusted correctly (should be pretty loose), and you have to move the bit slowly through the hole. It's counter-intuitive but when you move it quickly, it digs in and takes off too much material. Try it on some scrap.

PJ
RV-10 #40032

Ok, please disregard my previous post.

I thought you were looking for a way to use a regular deburring bit with a cordless screwdriver. When I re-read your original post, I realized that you were talking about the "Burraway" tool. The hex adapter from Avery Tools is obviously not what yo were looking for.

Sorry......
Wilkie

borislav said:
What are people using to spin their Burraways? My air drill is way too fast. My cordless drill is way too heavy. My cordless screwdriver only accepts hex bits. I thought I had a solution with this hex shank chuck from Harbor Freight, but it seems to be out of stock.

That's exactly what I've been looking all over creation for! Also to spin Burraways in a light electric screwdriver.
Why would only Harbor Freight have such a thing? I for one would pay the extra a quality unit would cost...

Last edited:
PJSeipel said:
I use my air drill at full speed. The key is that you have to have the spring on the burraway adjusted correctly (should be pretty loose), and you have to move the bit slowly through the hole.
Interesting. I'll try that. I guess I assumed that won't work as usually the deburring bits are spun by hand.

Wilkie said:
I thought you were looking for a way to use a regular deburring bit with a cordless screwdriver.
No, but I can definitely use that, too. It seems that the swivel deburring tool can quickly make the hole out-of-round if used for more than a few turns.

Thanks, folks.

Boris

borislav said:
What are people using to spin their Burraways? My air drill is way too fast.[snip]
I thought I'd post a follow-up for future reference. I emailed Cogsdill (manufacturer of the Burraway) and asked them how fast I should spin it. They said "about 1000 RPM". So I went with the air drill with the pressure turned down. It worked great once I adjusted the spring tension.

Back