What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bulkhead snap bushing holes

dwollen89

Well Known Member
Building the fuselage for a 7A. I enlarged the holes in the center sections to 5/8 for the snap bushings per the instructions. The four reinforcement plates 704 partially covers all four holes by about 1/8 inch or so which won’t allow the snap bushing to fit. Is it fine to just sand a gentle notch here to uncover that hole?

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpeg
    IMG_0497.jpeg
    688.9 KB · Views: 18
Building the fuselage for a 7A. I enlarged the holes in the center sections to 5/8 for the snap bushings per the instructions. The four reinforcement plates 704 partially covers all four holes by about 1/8 inch or so which won’t allow the snap bushing to fit. Is it fine to just sand a gentle notch here to uncover that hole?
I cut the edge of the bushing. It fitted but was tight.

That's a fairly important structural piece so I don't think I would sand a notch and would rather try a smaller snap bushing or use a rubber grommet instead, if the original snap bushing won't actually go in.

Back