What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bulkhead prep stuff

Captain_John

Well Known Member
Hey All,

I am bangin' away on the bulkheads and I have a question of which I THINK I already know the answer, but figgered I would run it past everyone here anyways cause talk is cheap.

Sooooo, the plans say to drill a hole in the bulkeads if you are installing manual trim. The hole they show is on the pilot's (left) side of the fuse. I am going electric so... I am shooting a corresponding hole in the RIGHT side of the bulkhead for the lights and power to the trim servo and OMITTING the one on the left side alltogether.

Any glitches there? Is there anything that I wish that I had done come later in the project?

:confused: CJ

I am also going electric trim, and I still opened both holes. These two holes may not even be enough space for all the wires that I eventually need to send through. There is the bundle for electric trim (up to as thick as a strobe bundle if shielded), strobe bundle, tail light wire, and somewhere down the road I will likely want space for wiring up an autopilot pitch servo. Then add in the likelihood that I may locate the strobe supply under the baggage floor or behind the 706, and now there is a need to send two strobe wires forward for the wings, and a power wire for the supply. You may also need space for coax cable to attach a Nav antenna to a radio.

If I run out of space, I plan to add additional holes through the bulkheads in a bay adjacent to the center tunnel. I just wish I added some before riveting the skins in place...

Back