What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

bulkhead fitting 28-06 step1

Teamfanok

in fuel line fitting to bulkhead. Do you just tighten nut to torque specs or do you add loctite to threads. This fitting become hard to reach after you rivet F 1276 bottom skin on.

Difficult, but doable...

in fuel line fitting to bulkhead. Do you just tighten nut to torque specs or do you add loctite to threads. This fitting become hard to reach after you rivet F 1276 bottom skin on.

It is possible to tighten (or loosen, should that become necessary) the bulkhead fitting thru the access cover plates on the finished aircraft. An 11/16" crowfoot on a mini-rachet will work on the nut even with all the wiring and other stuff in place. I tightened it by feel which wasn't enough and then went back later after the skins were on and tightened it a bit more.

I have big hands and really get bruised up working in those small spaces. I had to go back and fix a brake fitting NPT thread leak on one of the gear mount plates at the annual inspection which was difficult, but got it done. The access holes are adequate, but just barely, and you need a variety of tools. This is my first airplane so I don't know if others are better or worse.

Tony

Back