What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Building wings questions

mbetti

I started building the wings as a pair lately. To date I have the skeleton assembled and main skins drilled, also outboard leading edge drlled to assembly. Getting ready to build tanks next.
The instructions are a little out of order to me and I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on some kind of order. No where can I find anything on installing the flap, aileron pieces that attach to the rear spar, one has a bunch of holes in it, sorry about description, plans are in garage.
Also bellcrank, pushrods not really spelled out in order real well.
Thanks for any feed back,
Mike

fittings etc.

I am building a rv8 but im sure its the same. The manual kinda says assemble the fittings for the rear spar. You will the info you need in two places, on the drawings and the airleron fittings came in a separate pack with 4 pages of individual pictures for each location. It does seem a little confusing but if you look carefully in those two place you will find everything you need to assemble that part. Be very careful when doing the countersinking on the airleron inner and outer hinge points. The two rivets that go near the bearing are called out to be countersunk with factory cs head on a particular side. I almost did not catch that so check it out carefully. Hope this helps.

bird

Back