What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Building the wheels

nohoflyer

Well Known Member
Patron
Need a little help. I am trying to assemble the wheels and tires. My issue is how the stem from the tube either isn’t long enough or I’m doing it wrong. There is a cutout on the brake side that could seemingly really be better on the stem side. The stem just doesn’t stick out enough from the wheel because the stem is abutting the inside of the wheel. I wish I had a pic of what I was talking about but I’m ready to pull more hair out.

Which plane? Which gear? 6s and 7s are different than 10s and noses are different than mains except for the 12s.

Pictures with your descriptions would hel to understand your issue...

Had a similar issue with the tubes. When you inflate and deflate them a couple times after mating the wheels the stem seems to “fall” into position. It will not be exactly straight but on a slight angle. The instructions say to ditch the outer nut on the stem but I kept mine in place and ran them all the way to the end of the threads with a drop of lock tight. Trick is to inflate the tubes a couple times with some talc so they find there happy place.

Attachments

• IMG_5837.jpeg
    IMG_5837.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 54
Had a similar issue with the tubes. When you inflate and deflate them a couple times after mating the wheels the stem seems to “fall” into position. It will not be exactly straight but on a slight angle. The instructions say to ditch the outer nut on the stem but I kept mine in place and ran them all the way to the end of the threads with a drop of lock tight. Trick is to inflate the tubes a couple times with some talc so they find there happy place.
Your rims look different than the standard Cleveland mains..... What are these?
Same concepts apply though!

Back