What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brought home the fuse kit today!

Aden Rich

Well Known Member
I made a 12 hr round trip journey to Van's today to get my RV-6 fuselage kit. The new kits are soooo much better than the older kits. The plans are also better as they have a lot of RV-7 parts/ plans in there. I didn't need to buy my kit right now but the 1000 dollars discount is hard to pass up. Van's does not offer too many discounts as their pricing is already pretty low so you jump at the chance. Sorry I missed all the guys at Parkside. I wanted to stop by but had to get back home as it's my wife and I 10yr anniversary. Almost have the tail kit built and then onto the wings! I tried to convince the wife that the kit was her gift but she was not going for any of that.

Aden

Happy anniversary! Congrats picking up your 6 kit too.
Does the "new" 6 use the 6 tail or the larger 7 tail?
Regards

Another RV-6 fuselage kit

Good to hear I'm not the only one still working on an RV-6(A)...
I don't really *need* the fuselage kit right now, although I *should* need it based upon the extra free time I've had recently to work on the wings...
Fortunately, that 'extra' free time is coming to an end soon & I go back to work at a new job on Monday!

I chose to have mine shipped after finding out it would cost me about the same to drive and pick it up with my old Ford Ranger (I get up to 25mpg hwy, but add in an overnight stay it is more economical to have it delivered... I was quoted $203 or $213 to my home and save $80 if I pick it up in Sacramento or have it delivered to a business address!

Hope to see your completed plane sometime maybe at Golden West fly-in or at Arlington?

Best regards,
Chris
Leading edges assembled, Tanks 80%, 98% of all other wing parts primed & ready...

RV-6

I have the smaller tail on my RV-6. All control skins are .020 however. I did use the RV-7 elevators to cut some weight on the tail as my last one was a bit tail heavy (.020 skins and tail wheel fairing). I personally like the looks of the -6 over the -7 in regards to the tail but that is just my opinion. I also like the option of being able to change things if I want to modify.

Thanks, Aden.

Back