What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake Tubing/Caliper Question

keny

I'm at the stage of bending/attaching the brake like to the calipers. It seems to me that there is no flexing of the caliper to gear leg juncture no matter how hard you land. If this is so, why, other than the plans say so, do we loop the brake line around the gear leg instead of just bending the tubing as it departs the back side of the gear leg going directly over to the caliper? I'm building my 12 to register as an E-AB

I'm at the stage of bending/attaching the brake like to the calipers. It seems to me that there is no flexing of the caliper to gear leg juncture no matter how hard you land. If this is so, why, other than the plans say so, do we loop the brake line around the gear leg instead of just bending the tubing as it departs the back side of the gear leg going directly over to the caliper? I'm building my 12 to register as an E-AB

Without that loop, when you eventually need to replace the brake pads, you would have to disconnect the brake lines and then rebleed the brake system after reinstallation of the caliper.

Back