What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake stuff

Phil

Well Known Member
Getting ready to start install the brake lines...

For those of you who installed the Bonoco brakes, does their kit include a wholesale replacement of the lines? or is it simply the lines that are rudder pedal area.

Also, does anyone have any photos of a Matco PVPV-2 (new style) parking brake installation? I've seen some photos of the old ones, but the newer ones are bit different.

Thanks,
Phil

For those of you who installed the Bonoco brakes, does their kit include a wholesale replacement of the lines? or is it simply the lines that are rudder pedal area.

Rudder pedal area. I'm sure Brent would be happy to sell you additional hoses for that long run through the tunnell and under the seats. Bending the aluminum tubing was a little tedious, but not all that difficult. If I can bend it correctly, anyone can.

Also, does anyone have any photos of a Matco PVPV-2 (new style) parking brake installation? I've seen some photos of the old ones, but the newer ones are bit different.

I have some on my kitlog site. I have pictures of both the Bonaco lines and the Matco valve. I have the valve mounted on the mount manufactured by David Ward (another RV-10 builder). You can get it from Dave directly at Airward or from Vans.

Thanks Bob... I guess I'll run the aluminum for now and save the Bonoco lines for the rudder area.

I mentioned the PVPV-2, but that was the wrong part number. I should have said the PVPV-D.

Dave Ward's mount is for the old style PVPV-1.

Unfortunately I have its replacement the PVPV-D. The orientation of the ports are different. :(

Bob,

My mistake.

Looking at your photos, you have the PVPV-D too.

Dave's mount has holes for both versions of the valve. I think he only sells the older valve because he bought in bulk and they are still in inventory. That's why I got mine through Van's with the newer model.

bob

I bought the -D valve and mounting kit from VANS. Had the bracket and valve fitted in about 30 minutes just last week - including drilling out the old bracket.

The kit comes with 90deg fittings to provide aft facing threads for the hoses to the pedals.

Not a cheap option but it all seems to go together nicely.

PVPV-D PARKING BRAKE VALVE

These photos was not meant directly to showcase the PVPV-D installation, but you can get the just of it.

I drilled out the normal bracket on the Firewall and modified it for the Push Pull Cable bracket. Then like others I fitted the Carb Electric Pump Bracket (I'm using FI Pump) on the firewall as backing for the PVPV-D.

All the rest of the lines are normal Alu Lines and Plastic. I did replace the Nylon T at the reservoir with a Brass T.

Here are the non specific pictures...
fuse_086.jpg

fuse_089.jpg

Rudi

Rudi,

You never let me down. It's amazing how quickly and cleanly you build...

You need a website to post all those photos. I could spend hours searching through them and learning news ways to do things.....

Phil

Rudi,

You never let me down. It's amazing how quickly and cleanly you build...

You need a website to post all those photos. I could spend hours searching through them and learning news ways to do things.....

Phil

Hey Phil,

Thank you for your kind comments...Follow the link, it is a South African Aviation Forum Site where I am trying to inspire other local South Africans to Build as well. I post my progress Every Monday, and have a couple of regulars popping in to see...
http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=48930

Rudi

Back