What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake Reservoir VA-107

meadeduck

Well Known Member
Did anyone else have problems connecting the nylon Tee to VA-107. Whenever we tried to screw the Tee into the metal reservoir, it would only turn a coupe of turns. We called Vans, and they sent us another va107 and it reacted about he same way. We screwed it on, but I don't really feel that great about the seal.
Meade and George #16

Did anyone else have problems connecting the nylon Tee to VA-107. Whenever we tried to screw the Tee into the metal reservoir, it would only turn a coupe of turns. We called Vans, and they sent us another va107 and it reacted about he same way. We screwed it on, but I don't really feel that great about the seal.
Meade and George #16
Meade- Did you put pipe thread sealant on the threads? That will act as a sort of lubricant as you're threading it in- it won't set up for a few minutes. By the way, the two lines going to the reservoir, are not really under pressure anyway, since the reservoir is vented to outside air pressure, through a small hole in its cap. Steve

I think

I remember cutting the tapered threads a little deeper with a 1/8th pipe tap...The threads are tapered so if you sink the tap further in it opens out the hole a little so the tee will screw further in.

Frank

I remember cutting the tapered threads a little deeper with a 1/8th pipe tap...The threads are tapered so if you sink the tap further in it opens out the hole a little so the tee will screw further in.

Frank

+1. I had to run a tap into it also. If you can't use a tap due to the weld in the bottom just screw it in as good as you can. There is no pressure just gravity feed to keep the system full.

Back