What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

brake lines-32-02

dick seiders

Well Known Member
I am concerned about the tight squeeze between the four soft poly brake lines and the (2) K 1000-10 nut plates (on the upper firewall) in the vicinity of the adel clamp holding the lines to the panel deck. (see fig 2 ). I cannot determine what will be attached to these nutpklates, but AN3 bolts will be used further exacerbating the fit and introducing possibility of chafing the brake lines. Anyone else out there concerned about this? If so, what measures have you taken to protect brake lines?
Thanks
Dick

Dick,

It is hard to tell what nutplates you are referring to via your description. If they are the two nutplates in the vertical portion of the firewall nearest the brake line clamp, they must be used during engine/firewall forward install. I am nearly complete with the finishing kit and the nutplates are still open.

32-02

Marty, the two nutplates I am referring to are the ones you describe on the firewall near the top center where the adel for the brake lines is located. Maybe I am needlessly concerned, but I don't see how the brake lines won't be abraded by the nutplates regardless of what they are used for.
Dick

A little abrasion control goes a long way...

Dick...the wire bundle/brake line passages are quite tight...my guess is that KK will open up the passage ways in the future. I am of the opinion that a little abrasion prevention goes a long ways towards 'peice of mind' if you are worried that the brake line will rub too tightly. Just slip a little covering over the tubing in that area if you are really concerned. Nobody is going to criticize anyone for adding an ounce of prevention.

Jay

My suggestion(s)

To keep in tune with E-LSA, I 'd suggest keeping notes on any areas of concern, then AFTER inspection, go back and improve them if you feel you can do so without compromising anything seriously. That way you can tell the inspector you built it just like the plans said. That is what we are expected to do, and the best way I'd guess.

John Bender

Back