What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake Fluid Quantity

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
What is the typical quantity of brake fluid that is used for the RV10 when first filling the system? Just trying to figure out if I need a quart, 2, or a gallon.

It also depends on how much you end up dripping too. I still think 2 is about right. 3 would leave you some left over. We've been able to do 2 RV-10's with a single gallon and we still have some left over. So you should be in good shape with 2.

Last edited:
2 quarts is plenty, unless you make a real mess. Myself and another -10 split a gallon, with lots left over.

Strongly suggest you get the high flash point stuff, not 5606 or whatever the usual number is.

RV10 BRAKE FLUID

I just did my brakes two weeks ago. One quart of the Royco fluid did mine with about 1/3 of a Qt. left. I too did it from the bottom with a oil squirt can and a short hose to the AN fitting at each wheel. I put an overflow hose in the resevoir top so any extra would be captured. Also I used two pieces of baffalling to make gaskets for two self threaded screws in the top of the qt. can for long term storage W/O any moisture contamination.

Back