What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bose X Headset Worth the extra money?

johnthorpe

I'm New Here
Would like to hear from those who have tried the Bose X headset.
Should I find the extra money to buy over other ANR sets such as the DC?

John,
A search of the archives will yield lots of discussions on this topic.
Take a look under the search function and click away.
Enjoy,

John, I've never looked back.......

....since I upgraded as sales became available on here. You'd have to pry my dying fingers...:)

Well worth it for clarity and comfort,

Regards,

Love my Zulu! Great features and very comfortable. I've never pulled them off my ears due to discomfort even after 11.5 hours of flying in one day.....

I've used both the Bose and the Zulu. I like them both. The Bose may be just a tad quieter and more comfortable, but I'm not sure it's worth the difference in price. Because I wanted the Bluetooth connection, it was a no-brainer for me to choose the Zulu but (beware!) we found that the Bluetooth was not recognized by Judith's PDA phone (works fine for my simple ol' cell phone). So, bottom line, unless you really need the Zulu and the price difference doesn't matter, the Bose is a great choice.

bose Headsets

I have two bose and love them. If I forget to turn off the fuel pump after take off I can actually hear it clicking.

Be careful in comparison testing. Some units have poor passive results and thus seem to make a bigger difference when ANR is turned on.

Depends on your airplane. The RV-4 I fly has at lot of wind noise from the canopy at high speed. This becomes the predominate noise as you go fast. The frequency of the wind noise is not where the Bose shines. Also in the 737 the wind noise on the flt deck is not good with the Bose aviation but is ok with the Bose QC2 & Ufly mic. Have not tried that combo in the -4 but I think it would work better than the Bose aviation. Not the case perhaps for the other RV models.

Love my Zulu! Great features and very comfortable. I've never pulled them off my ears due to discomfort even after 11.5 hours of flying in one day.....

+1.

Zulu is a pretty good headset. I've own both. Can't say as the Bose is better. I sold both Bose and bought 2 Zulus'.

I purchased a Bose for my trip to OSH AirVenture 2008. It is a GREAT headset. I traded my two Lightspeed Thirty-3G in for ZULUs. Both Bose and ZULU are GREAT headsets. The Bose may be just a tad lighter, a tad more quiet, and has less CLAMP than the Lightspeed. I like the slightly tigher clamp of the Lightspeed. If you can borrow one of each and go fly it in your RV for an hour or more each you may end up with a favorite. IMHO, you will like either one. I would be happy with either one but like the Bluetooth. The PLUS that the Bose has is that you can have the cord on either the left or right hand side. The ZULU only allows you to have the cord on the left.

Zulu has a Bluetooth set up for your phone. No wires or adapters, just call home when you want.

Bose X Ordered

What a great forum for feedback thank you everyone for contributing.
Having searched the forums and read the comments on this link, bearing in mind the type of aircraft I fly, I have ordered a pair of Bose X.
The weather here in the UK is bl**dy awful at the moment, so I have no idea when I will next fly, but when I do I will leave some feedback.
Have a good week end.
John

Bose X No phone link PLEASE!!

Should have added I DONT want link with telephone. I want to get Away from mobile (Cell) phones not encourage them!!!!! I find myself moving seats on the train to get away from loud inane mobile calls by people asking what baked beans they should buy on the way home! Not that baked beans are not important !!!!!!!!!
Sorry for the outburst but it was cathartic, and I know someone is going to tell me all about the safety implications.......If fact I think I will start a new thread entitled........Do we really need mobile phones I thought we had to turn them off?
Only kidding about new thread but the rest still stands as I can't move my seat on the aircraft!!!!!
All the Best John

Is Bose worth the extra money?

Not even close for me. I've tried the Bose many times and they are definitely good headsets. But...I wouldn't trade them for my Halos even at the same LOW price of the Halos.

Back