What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bose A20 aux input question

Bastien

Well Known Member
Hi everyone,

I plan to buy a new headset and after reading the Bose A20 manual I have a question.

If you use the aux input of the Bose A20 for music does it shares it to the passengers' headsets or does the music is only heard by the person who wear the headset.

I would like this feature because I can't use the auxiliary input of my PM1000 intercom as it already receive audio alerts from the EFIS.

Seems like a stupid question but can't find the answer:(

Bastien,

I haven't used this feature on my A20's yet however I do know the Bluetooth Phone only input only plays through the individual head set so assuming the aux input would most likely be the same. I'm sure someone will chip in soon though if no replies will test for you next time I am at the hangar.:)

Cheers,

Greg (RV-7A FADEC IOF-360 WW200RV)

Thank you very much Greg for your answer.
Are you satisfied with the bluetooth Phone function and more generally with the headset ?

Have a good day

I use an A20. The music is only transmitted through your headphones. It does not leave the headset.

It is a great headset. You will love it!

Thank you for your answers. I've never heard before about audio mixer but it looks like it's exactly what I need :D. Going to have a look on that tomorrow.

If you're comfortable doing some small soldering work, you can - in the spirit of homebuilding - build your own audio mixer for about $5 US.

Hi Bob,
If I could build one instead of buying one to save some money I'm in but I don't know how an audio mixer is made (component), value of resistors (if there are some), etc...
Do you have any advices on that (diagram, values) ?

Have a good day

Bastien

Google "LM324" "mixer" "single supply"
You'll see a bunch of ideas. (LM324 has 4 amplifiers on on chip). You only need the simplest, but you do need to isolate the DC at both input and output with capacitors. You can use 15K (15,000 ohms) for all the resistors, and 0.05 uF for the capacitors. 5 resistors (one on each of two inputs; one feedback; two to form a voltage divider to get half the supply voltage), 2 capacitors (one on the output, one on the - input), and the IC (LM324 or equivalent) and you're done.
Get a pre-punched circuit board with the right hole spacing to make it easy to mount the parts.

Very happy

Hi Bastien,
I am very happy with the A20's. The blue tooth function works so well the other party cannot tell I am in the plane and the comfort is great too. I upgraded from the Bose X's which possibly were even more comfortable though wanted the additional functionality of the blue tooth. For me I cannot tell the difference in the ANR upgrade though my 49 year old ears are possibly less discerning than they used to be.:D

Having said all that they are a fantastic headset.:)

Cheers, Greg

Back