What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Borescope Process

macrafic

Well Known Member
When I was at Oshkosh last year, I attended a workshop on borescoping an engine. In that workshop, they talked about turning the prop so that the pistons/valves were in the correct position to get the pictures I would need. I did not take notes and can't find the presentation anyplace. All I remember is to NOT have the borescope inserted while positioning!!!!!!

Does anybody have a step-by-step procedure for the positioning the prop to catch the piston tops, valve tops, valve seats, etc. in a particular cylinder? Or, could you point me to a good resource please?

Even better; I would pay somebody in the Rochester/Twin City MN area to borescope my engine, teaching me in the process. That was definitely the most beneficial learning method while I built my 7A!

Rich,
I would give Tom Pitzen a call. He and I used to do 5BD on a somewhat regular basis and I would bet he has done several more since.
I would also be happy to join the fun and participate and throw my .02 in. (Which may well be more than it is worth)

Tim

Back