What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bonaco Fuel Lines Specs RV-7, Flop Tube, Andair

sglynn

Well Known Member
I'm ready to order fuel lines from Bonaco for my RV-7A with flop tubes and using the Andair FI Pump. I'm not sure how flexible the tubing is and therefore not sure of the configuration I should order. And I want to minimize the impact on Bonaco (and me) of re-ordering.

So does anyone already have fuel lines specs?

Here is my current best guess: 5/8 outside diameter.

Two Main Lines: 37 inches long with a 90 degree elbow at the tank where the flop tube exits and a 45 degree fitting at the Andair pump with these clocked 90 degrees CW on right and CCW on left. Every other bend will be accomplished with just bending it. And I'll clamp it with Adel clamps going thru the main gear weldmount.

Forward tube going to firewall: 20 inches long straight fittings on both ends.

Little tube going between valve and Andair pump: 3.5 inches (including fitting) straight on one end 90 degree fitting on the other end that goes to pump.

And real experience and specs you have would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Has anyone ordered Bonaco fuel lines for a RV7

Has anyone the specs on fuel lines for RV7 with flop tubes and Andair pump?

thanks

Does anyone have pictures of their Bonaco fuel line installation with at least one tank with a flop tube (RV-7)? I'm curious how the lines run through the fuse skin, make the 90 bend, go forward through the tank attach bracket, and then 90 bend to the tank fitting. I can't seem to find anything on here for tanks with a flop-tube. I want to be sure I order them correctly and would like to see how the fuel line is secured in the tank attach bracket where it could possibly chafe against it.

Thanks in advance!

Bonaca Fuel Lines RV-7A Flop Tubes

Yes, I do. Photos are on my kit log at.

http://www.mykitlog.com/users/displ...n&project=607&category=5215&log=126724&row=23

I have other photos, if you want a specific photo, send me an email and I'll take it and send it to you. I used a rubber grommet going thru the wing attach bracket. Also Bonaco's fuel lines now come with plastic tubing coating the steel mesh so risk of chaffing is reduced.

I have a 90 degree at the valve and straight at the tank. I don't think you could make the run if you had 90 degrees on both ends. But you could add another elbow later as Bonaco sells AN fittings as well.

Right now I intend to just bend the tube to meet the tank. But we'll see if that works or if I have to add an elbow. Everything fits fine at valve. I may have these a couple inches too long also. Not sure yet.

Exactly what I needed! Thanks for the pictures!

How long was that fuel line? You mentioned it may have been 2 inches too long? Is that still the case after everything was together?

Thanks!

Length of Bonaco Fuel Lines for flop tube with Andair pump

The long fuel lines are 38 inches. I haven't put the wings on yet to test the length. But I will be able to suck up some slack by pushing them back insdie the cabin. Eventually I will put an Adel clamp on them and fasten to he gear weldmount. 2 inches shorter may work fine. And you can always lengthen with AN fittings. If I ordered again, I'd probably go 36 inches.

The center fuel line is 18 inches. I had ordered 20 inches but then had Bonaco cut off 2 inches, which he does for free (cost of shipping). Also notice I put a 45 degree AN fitting on the end going to the pumpt so that it dives down under the panel. I also tried a 90 degree, which also worked, but I like the 45 degree better.

Also you'll see I had to enlarge the holes in the brackets connected to the front of the wing spar. No problem doing that. I split the plastic bushings and put them on he fuel line then slid them into the enlarged holes. The 1 inch black rubber grommets are available from lots of sources including your local hardware store. And the larger plastic bushings I got from Aircraft Spruce.

PS, I just feel better about having steel coated fuel lines under my legs in the cabin instead of soft aluminum tubing.

Have fun.

Back