What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bonaco fuel lines on -10

philb

Well Known Member
Friend
Has anybody installed bonaco lines for fuel system? Is there an ideal method to estimate lengths needed? I'm going pretty stock, with exception of andair valve and red cube, but thought if somebody had gone through the process, they can give some guidance on what their lengths turned out to be, or what the best way for estimating might be...

Thanks!

Phil Barnette
KSLC

Fuel line measurement

I ordered my fuel lines from Bonaco. I measured the length from "nose to nose" using an old piece of heavy duty electric fence wire I had laying around. It was easy to bent it to the right path and cut it to just touch each "nose" of the connectors. I then measured the length of the wire and gave the dimensions to Bonaco as a "nose to nose" length.

The finished product fit perfectly.

Good luck.

Duane said it best. Keep in mind that there are two ways to measure: Nose to nose, or seat to seat.

John

I ordered my fuel lines from Bonaco. I measured the length from "nose to nose" using an old piece of heavy duty electric fence wire I had laying around. It was easy to bent it to the right path and cut it to just touch each "nose" of the connectors. I then measured the length of the wire and gave the dimensions to Bonaco as a "nose to nose" length.

The finished product fit perfectly.

Good luck.

Could you advise on approximate cost for the Bonaco fuel lines? I realize there will be some differences depending on individual measurements, but would like to have a feel for how much this upgrade will add to the bottom line.
Thanks
Kelly

These guy's made a presentation at our EAA meeting a few months ago.http://bmrs.net/index.htm Check out their PTFE hose. Impressive stuff with unbelievable bend radius capability. They also have some really cool firesleeve solutions. They are being used on Nemesis and I believe some other air racing applications. I love my Bonaco brake lines, but would give these guy's some consideration for fuel and brake lines if I was building another airplane or retrofitting my current one.

Last edited:
Back