What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BMA EFIS calibration

Driving an RV6 w. BMA EFIS Gen 1 Gold box. Calibration needs to be redone -anyone out there have a sample of calibration array numbers for fuel flow for O360 Lyc. Most grateful for any help on this.
rv6aviator

It's been a while since I did it, but the process was straightforward.

Do you have a keyboard to plug in to the gold box?

Do you have some documentation of the pinouts (i.e. which pins each sensor goes to on the analog plugs)? If you don't, this will be the first thing you need to do.

Once you know which wire goes to which pin, and know what type of sensors you have (e.g. Westach oil pressure--look on the sensor cases) the process is pretty easy.

Fire up the EFIS with the keyboard attached, hit the "esc" key to get to the menu and choose "setup." It's almost explanatory from there. Each channel will have a pull-down menu to set the input type (e.g. 0-5 v) and another to pick from a canned list of available calibration arrays.

If you have an oddball sensor, you can build your own array in the table that appears.

This is all covered in the manual (somewhat poorly). If you no longer have a copy, email or PM me and I probably have a pdf somewhere. If not, several people on the BMA company site/message board can help with this kind of thing.

If the attitude sensors have lost their calibration the box is probably useless except for parts, since the factory can't recalibrate them anymore.

Back