What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Black Magic went for a little ground cruise

BlackRV7

Well Known Member
On my last engine start shake down prior to my inspection, I got a little video of her taxiing around the ramp with her big sister passing by near the end of the video!!! Yes, the canopy is the Rocket tint. The time for building has ended, the time for flying is here!! The neatest thing is I can put my finger on the first rivet I set on the vertical stab. Nothing but cool!!

taxi006ss8.jpg

Taxi video is here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N_gXQzYjShU

Black Magic

Dana:

"Git er done"! Been waiting for a long time for this. Hope to get up there in Feb to see her if you You and Hooters are still "doin' yer thang":p

I know you don't remember me but I was up there a couple of years ago---about 5 months before my -8 was flying.

Dana,

She looks great!

Don't worry about the T-6. As a good friend made me feel much better about my RV after he said, "You burn in one hour what I do in my T-6 just warming it up and taxing out for take off and you go faster."

Hah Bill, everybody at the airport is amazed at 8.5 gph and 160 knots. Believe it or not, I am the only RV at my airport. Warbirds American relocated their operations to i39, huge hangar stocked with two Stearmans, that T-6 and a Champ. Really a nice group and growing. New company just took over our FBO, great deal for all us local flyers.

Mannon, I am really looking forward to this years flyin with the change in FBO and having Black Magic at the airport. In light of the female flyers, I am more than willing to be PC and forgo the Hooters Girls but not the Hooters wings:) More to follow on the flyin but all, let's mark our calenders for the last Sat. in February for the Kickoff Flyin!!

QUOTE=N941WR;184609]Dana,

She looks great!

Don't worry about the T-6. As a good friend made me feel much better about my RV after he said, "You burn in one hour what I do in my T-6 just warming it up and taxing out for take off and you go faster."[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Back