What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bison RV bags W&B

uk_figs

Well Known Member
Friend
Considering buying two of these for my RV-7, for those of you that have these how do you treat them from a W&B point of view, as they straddle the flap arm do you add them to the baggage number or the pilot number.

Why not be...

Considering buying two of these for my RV-7, for those of you that have these how do you treat them from a W&B point of view, as they straddle the flap arm do you add them to the baggage number or the pilot number.

...accurate and put them in their own "number" based on the actual moment arm?

I can modify my spreadsheet for this if you can give me the moment dimension... it's just adding another Excel speadsheet line.

dimension to the flap torque tube

Gil
The bags appear centered over the flap torque tube so we should use this dimension from the datum, I am not at the airport so I will measure this on Saturday. Is your spreadsheet posted??
As I am building a 7 with a fixed pitch prop I have already calculated that I run the risk of a cg moving aft of the aft cg with full baggage and minimum fuel hence the question.

Back