What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Birthday Present

Don Jones

Well Known Member
My wife wants to know what to get me for my birthday. I just started the tail kit of my RV-9A. I have the basic Avery tool kit, so I am sure there are some other tools I might need. Anyone got any ideas. No she won't order the wing kit, I already tried that:)

Drill #2

Ask for a second cordless drill. Same brand as you have now. It will save you a bunch of time and since you use the same battery in both, you will always have a ready spare.

And a nice rolling drawered tool box to put your toys in.

My 2 cents.

Webb
RV7A
N32WW

Don,

Having a nice "close quarters" 90 degree angle air drill really comes in handy for working between floor ribs and other tight places. Sure wish I had one when I started my 9a. You can get some high quality used units at "The Yard".

You are gonna' love your 9!!!

Cheers,

db

gift suggestion

If she really wants to spoil you...a pneumatic squeezer and a few assorted heads including a 2" no hole. But you really would have had to been a very good boy to get that gift:rolleyes:

Well, she did buy me a DRDT-2 after listening to me banging away for an hour or so, dimpling one stabilizer skin:D I don't think I have been good enough for the pneumatic squeezer, probably have to spring for that one myself.

Don, let's just put it this way...when I was building (nice to say that) I came to the conclusion you could have my guns but you would have to pry my pneumatic squeezer from my cold dead hands..........if that tells you anything;)

So you already have a VansAirForce hat and a T-shirt? :rolleyes: I don't know if you could consider them "tools" or not but you sure could use them while working on the airplane.

Back