What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Big Bend Trip

Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
Carol and I are thinking of going to south west Texas after the 1st of the year.

www.Chinatihotsprings.com might be a good place to spend a few days.

Any one been there? I here it is good but bring your own food. Maybe,, a few nights at Big Bend Ranch as well.

Anyone interested in going? Let me here from you.

Last edited:
BB Trip

Jay:

Becky and I are talking this trip over. We're going to fly from Georgia out to Ft. Worth, (Hicks) to visit my son again before Christmas, then to Austin to visit my daughters for Christmas. We just might take off early and spend a few days in The Big Bend Area. Sounds like fun. Stay in touch.

Hi Jay,

Let us know which days you might be at BBRSP. Janie and I are always looking for an excuse to go there.

Cheers,

db

Exact dates Jay...we need dates! Louise and I are headed up north about the 19th or so...

"Up north" ... like Dallas? Surely you don't mean the Great Frozen North of Minnesota, unless you've fabed up a ski kit for Val... :D

TODR

Ever seen pictures of Charles and Anne Morrow Lindberg headed to the Orient - all bundled up in furs and leather...? Yeah, that's where I learned to fly, in an open-door J-3!

Paul

Dates

Paul,

Carol has had a change of work plans. We will have to put this off untill after January 1st 2009

Last edited:
Ever seen pictures of Charles and Anne Morrow Lindberg headed to the Orient - all bundled up in furs and leather...? Yeah, that's where I learned to fly, in an open-door J-3!

Paul
That's me in the Miata in the mornings. If the temp is over 45F, it's top down. I will admit to turning on the heated seats.

Thanks for the mental images of old-school flying.

TODR

Changes

Carol had some work schedule changes. We will look to go after the 1st of the year.

BBRSP

Anyone interested in going to Big Bend Ranch State Park the week/weekend before Christmas??????????????

MLK Weekend is 17-19 January....(I haven't even checked with Louise - I have no idea what our schedules are....)

Back