What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best RV-14 Build Youtube Channels

rdt7

Patron
I am just starting my build and am looking for some good RV-14 builders youtube sites. I've found some through random searching but thought I'd ask here.

Specifically, I'd like some that are detail oriented - not high level or time-lapses.

Any suggestions?

I don’t know about you tube channels, but you can get a lot of very useful info on RV-14 internet build sites. One I recommend is Carl and Rafael’s site. Very complete. It is/was listed as a resource at the Van’s website. There are others, too. :cool:

http://www.rv14a.com/

Last edited:
Mudfly (Shawn) is being modest. He does phenomenal work and does a great job of explaining what he did. UNTIL HE QUIT POSTING!!

Seriously Shawn, you do excellent work, the pictures are well done. Miss the updates!

Link to Shawn's site below;

http://myrv14build.blogspot.com/

Mudfly (Shawn) is being modest. He does phenomenal work and does a great job of explaining what he did. UNTIL HE QUIT POSTING!!

Seriously Shawn, you do excellent work, the pictures are well done. Miss the updates!

Link to Shawn's site below;

http://myrv14build.blogspot.com/

Thanks Reflex. I'm still in the game. Once I got behind on the blog updates it was just too much to get caught back up. I occasionally will post a bunch of pictures. Those also help me look back and remember what I did years ago:)
I have respect for those that can build and keep their blogs updated. It's A LOT of work. I don't have enough brain cells, or time, to study avionics, fiberglass, electrical, etc. and keep the blog updated.
Also, remember when using builder blogs, including mine, be careful of "great ideas". Sometimes they are great ideas and sometimes not. The blogs aren't always updated later to say "don't do what I did". You need to review several and make your own decisions. Overall though, I find them very helpful, especially the pictures. A picture is worth a thousand words!
Shawn

I don’t have the links readily available and my YT won’t open at the moment but four I will add are Plane Lady, Build Fly Go, Jason Ellis Builds, and Bald Man Building an Airplane. Not all are 14 specific but much of the 10 cross over. Jason has quit building but his channel is still there and has some great content. Christine from The Plane Lady seems to do more of her social media posting on Instagram these days. All are good content creators and good people. Oh, almost forgot Josh Sinclair…sorry Josh.

As soon as I get my YT to work, I’ll get you the links

Last edited:
I don’t have the links readily available and my YT won’t open at the moment but four I will add are Plane Lady, Build Fly Go, Jason Ellis Builds, and Bald Man Building an Airplane.

These are great. I especially like Bald Man Building an Airplane. It's fascinating how people do things differently and how resourceful some of them are. I have a feeling I'm going to be a very different (better) person if I'm able to finish my airplane. I can't imagine the experience won't help me be more patient and resourceful. Getting an airplane out of all this will be great but i think even better will be learning new skills - both mechanical shop skills and valuable life skills.

These are great. I especially like Bald Man Building an Airplane. It's fascinating how people do things differently and how resourceful some of them are. I have a feeling I'm going to be a very different (better) person if I'm able to finish my airplane.

Aw shucks, thanks! You can definitely finish the 14 if you're willing to put in some time. It goes together like legos!

Back