What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best fuselage assembly order?

Mark Henderson

Well Known Member
All I have left on the fuselage kit is section 29 and the turtle deck skins and rear window. At the suggestion of others, I have assembled the brakes, but not installed them. My finish kit ships in a week. From what I have read, there is no reason to install the rear window and skins yet. Is this correct ? Second, is there any reason to complete section 29 now? I have no desire to crawl around inside installing wire if I don't have to. Will it be easier leaving parts of section 29 open now? If so, which ones? Thanks for any thoughts.

Correct

There is no advantage to installing the pedals until the wiring is done. The turtle deck skins are also best left off until much later. You can cleco and fit the rear glass, but take them back off again. You will need to climb into the rear enough, and those things as just in the way. Painting the interior is also better with the pedals out but the way.

John Bender

DO NOT install the pedals until the wiring is installed and the fuel return line fitting is installed. I am just about done with the finish kit and still have to install/rivet the rear window and the turtle deck skins. Leaving them till last has been a good decision.

Turn it on its side

Turn the Fuselage on its side. Much easier to work on the interior, no crawling around inside.

Back