What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bermuda Dunes Airport

Bill.Peyton

Well Known Member
We are flying out to La Quinta, Ca next month and visiting some friends who live very close to the Bermuda Dunes KUDD airport. Does anyone have any information on the airport or a better airport to park for a few days?

I've parked at UDD for a few nights; plenty of tie downs, cheap parking rates at $5/night or something like that, easy access to I-10, nice people at the FBO. Waaaay cheaper than parking at PSP. Cheapest fuel in the area appears to be the SS pumps a few miles south at Thermal.

On a side note; holy cow have the fuel prices gone up out there! $7 to 7.75/gal at PSP, UDD and TRM. Ouch.

On a side note; holy cow have the fuel prices gone up out there! $7 to 7.75/gal at PSP, UDD and TRM. Ouch.

Pop up the hill to Big Bear - $5.07 according to Airnav, and not that far away.... if you're coming all the way from Houston (John).

Paul,
I am planning on a stop in Big Bear while we are out there. Never been and it sounds like a cool place to visit.
Bill

KTRM

Thermal is a good place. The gals that run the FBO there are real friendly and they run a class act operation. Probably get a spot next to a BBJ:cool:

Thermal may be an option, 20 min drive from friends house. I suspect they may also have some hanger space. Kudd is charging $10 per night and a $5 landing fee and $7 gas. Also $100 per night for hanger space! Thermal is under $5 for fuel.

I live a short distance from KUDD. While KTRM has excellent service, it is kind of out of the way depending on where in LQ you'll be staying and playing. If you are in north or central LQ - Bermuda Dunes is much more convenient. If your down around PGA West... then KTRM makes much more sense.

Not flying currently - but more then happy to share my knowledge of the area. PM me if you need.

DJ

I flew to PSP for a weekend trip last month. We were visting a friend who lived about 2 miles from PSP, so convenience trumped price. Happy wife, happy life :)

I went to Atlantic. The gas was a rip off, but a top off waived the $40 or $50 handling fee they normally charge, plus they offered a $0.75/gal weekend discount. Tie down was still $20 or $30.

I do recommend a stop at Big Bear if you're visiting, cool area, good food within walking distance, and cheap gas. Although last time I went the credit card reader went out on their pump, good thing I had enough cash.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I am going to stay at TRM. I spoke with them about some hanger space and Dan was very accommodating. It's only a 15 min drive to our friends house. 5 minutes would have been better, but not worth the hassle.

A little secret....

Since you decided on KTRM I figure I'd let you in on a little secret.... The two gals that run the FBO are identical twins. About 40 years old and good lookin!. If I didn't tell you you you'd be confused how one lady could be everywhere.... Enjoy.

Back