What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bendix RSA-5 Fuel Pressure line

cyrus

Well Known Member
I had to replace my RSA-5 with an overhauled one today and was wondering if anybody has thoughts on where the fuel pressure line exits from.

I had it coming out of the top port previously which matched the diagram I googled.
Figure2-47.jpg

I just wanted to confirm with others if that's the best or only place.

thanks
Cyrus

Not sure what you're asking - there are three fuel connections on the device, and none of them are interchangeable.

The metered fuel outlet is the line containing metered fuel that goes up to the spider (fuel divider) which then sends it to the cylinders. The fuel inlet and strainer is the point where fuel comes into the servo from your fuel pump. The inlet fuel pressure tap is simply a point where you can sense the fuel pressure being supplied to the servo.

You do not want to swap the pressure tap and fuel inlet points, because fuel flowing into the servo from the pressure tap will not be filtered by the fuel inlet strainer.

That top port is fine, as it is part off the inlet/filter chamber. You can also drill and tap the other side of the filter chamber/inlet. It is designed to allow fuel inlet from either side. One side gets the cap with the AN male and the other gets a blank cap. That blank cap can be drilled out and tapped with 1/8" NPT threads.

Larry

Last edited:
Back