What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bendix mag EFIS pickup question

BlackRV7

Well Known Member
In final preparation for the second, first engine start for Black Magic, I need to do my Bendix mag p lead, ground and sensor pickups. I use two toggle switches in the cockpit to ground the mags. On my old slicks, I just attached my glass panel engine monitor RPM pickups onto the external p-lead pickup. On these Bendix, I use that little washer p-lead with the screw on cap for p-lead and grounding. My question: for those of you using a flat panel, single wire, RPM pickup to your panel, how did you attach this wire using a Bendix. Did you just run the wire through the cap, through the sleeve and attach it to the p-lead washer pickup?

Looking forward to cranking this Barrett 360 up.......I need electrons:D!!

Last edited:
"P" Lead

Dana:

Hooked mine up to the ignition toggle switch end of the "P" lead on the un-grounded side. Might not hurt to use shielded wire as there is a chance of picking up ignition noise if the sensor wire runs too close to any audio circuits.

I didn't and got lucky.;)

Dana:

Hooked mine up to the ignition toggle switch end of the "P" lead on the un-grounded side. Might not hurt to use shielded wire as there is a chance of picking up ignition noise if the sensor wire runs too close to any audio circuits.

I didn't and got lucky.;)

I have a single shielded wire running from my toggle switch to my mag. I use the braided shield to attach to one side of my toggle switch and ground the other end onto the mag case. The middle wire goes to the p lead and the other side of the toggle. Are you saying to simply attach my efis rpm single wire pickup to the p lead side of the toggle switch?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back