What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bellcrank clearance

brick

I'm installing a heated pitot tube in next bay past bell-crank. Its my desire to run pitot tube and a 3/8 tube under bell-crank to achieve this as many have done. My question is i've made a bracket to put snap bushings in to route these items but I don't know how tall my bracket can be without interfering with bell crank motion, can someone tell me the the distance from the spar to back of bell crank? Thanks to any possible replies
Ken RV7A

I have exactly the same configuration you do. I can't you give you that dimension, but I ran the pitot line thru the small snap bushings that came in the QB wings (adjacent to the spar and fwd of the bellcrank) and ran the wire bundle in a conduit routed through one of the larger lightening holes. There was plenty of room. I can send you pics if you send me a PM.

I have exactly the same configuration you do. I can't you give you that dimension, but I ran the pitot line thru the small snap bushings that came in the QB wings (adjacent to the spar and fwd of the bellcrank) and ran the wire bundle in a conduit routed through one of the larger lightening holes. There was plenty of room. I can send you pics if you send me a PM.
Thanks for quick reply Terry!! The 3/8 tubing ( 1/4 inch inside) is just for running my pitot heat wires and stall warning wire through as a bundle as they are all localized. I have a conduit as you say in one of the other large lightning holes to accommodate wing lighting, servos, and any other items which may prevail. Thanks Ken

Back