What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Battle Ground to Pullman

LarryT

Well Known Member
W52 to KPUW.

Friday I managed to sneak out of the Portland metro area by flying at the north edge of the Columbia River Gorge until I got to the Bonneville Dam. As I crossed the Pacific Crest the ceiling went up to about 12,000 MSL. I flew at 9500 MSL with TAS = 185 - 190 mph and GS of 210 - 215 mph. Arrived in Pullman after a smooth 1.5 - 1.6 hr. flight. Got an airport rental car and arrived at daughter Erin's dorm just as she got back from her last class.

Newly installed exhaust tip turn downs from Larry Vetterman greatly reduced floor vibration levels.

Saturday afternoon at 4:30 PM it was time to pay the piper: 190 mph TAS 150mph GS. The trip back took two hours. I was surprised by how smooth the air was since the winds aloft were 40mph on the nose and I was flying no more than 2000' AGL trying to minimize their affect!

The purpose of the trip was to visit my daughter at WSU.

AvGas $150

26 hours with my daughter Priceless!

Erin is making a great adjustment to college. The visit couldn't have taken place without an RV.

LarryT

PS My wife told me that Erin posted on her facebook page: "I love it when my daddy visits me."

Back