What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Battery resource

newtech

Well Known Member
Patron
I had some maintenance issues while in Florida for our January escape from the Cold. During the process of working on the plane the master switch got left on and my Odyssey P680 spent two days discharging. We weren't able to revive it so I went on the hunt for a new battery. My usual source has them for $114 but two day shipping was going to add another $54. After some searching we found out that the P680's are a stock battery for Batteries Plus. I paid less than I would have had to pay to have one shipped in but it was in stock and the Batteries Plus was within walking distance of Page Field.

If you ever find yourself stranded keep Batteries Plus in mind. The district manager responded to my email for dealers and he actually had the store call me. In my opnion well worth the little extra the battery cost.

During the process of working on the plane the master switch got left on and my Odyssey P680 spent two days discharging. We weren't able to revive it

Sorry to hear that, did you give it a half hour boost with a 10A or so charger, then go to a smart charger like a Battery Minder???

Or just the smart charger?

May have been able to revive it but it was already going on three years old; and should have been replaced this past Fall. Finding one literally outside the gate of the airport made it a simple decision.

This trip has made me review and completely overhaul my preventive maintenance program and the contents of my "Go Bag."

May have been able to revive it but it was already going on three years old; and should have been replaced this past Fall. Finding one literally outside the gate of the airport made it a simple decision.

This trip has made me review and completely overhaul my preventive maintenance program and the contents of my "Go Bag."

PC680's routinely are in service for 6-8 years. Mine is nearly seven years old and is only now beginning to show its age on cold mornings. I ran it flat (master on for ten days...) a few years ago but was able to revive it overnight with a simple 2-amp charger.

Back