What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Battery + Firewall Pass Through

ethand

Well Known Member
Looking to understand what RV-10 builders are using for the battery + firewall pass through. I believe most are using some sort of firewall mounted device but not sure what that is. I guess same goes for the negative side.

Thanks

E

I just used a snap bushing in the hole provided, sealed with high temp sealant.

Look at the build manual.

the Summitt Racing or Jeg's battery firewall pass thrus work really well. The advantage over just running it thru a grommet is that you have a terminal that the wires can be taken on and off of or added to.

I plan on using the VPX and was going to use the firewall mounted pass-through as the termination point for the battery + coming off the rear mounted contactor. I could then power the VPX from there. If I pass the cable through the firewall I will then need to pass one back to the VPX. I guess I could go to the VPX first then through he firewall.

E

Just remember that every crimped terminal and corresponding connection is a small voltage drop and a place for a future failure. I just used a stainless pass-through and went straight to the starter solenoid per the plans.

Back