What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Battery Box Construction

Milt356

I'm New Here
I reviewed a battery tie down with photos on the internet recently in a RV which was located behind the baggage compartment on a RV-7a or 6a. I can't seem to find the site again. There were photos of the design and I am in need of some ideas for mounting my dual batteries in that same area on my RV-7a. Anyone familiar with the site for my review again? Thanks

After looking at a lot of weight and balance examples, I don't know if the baggage compartment is the best place, unless you are using a heavier than normal engine.

Thank you very much for the web site. This is the one I had seen previously. I truely appreciate your help. Milt

You could also use a tray built for an older large battery and modify it for two smaller batteries. We modified ours to fit only one battery.

82306008ao2.jpg

111206006yd0.jpg

Again thanks Mark for the idea. This gives me something to start with. I will be using dual batteries which I can work with either design. Very nice results on your photos.

Back