What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Batteries in the -10

I used the 925 also. I mountied it sideways and bolted a piece of aluminum angle to the floor of the battery box to keep the batter tight in the slot. It's worked fine for 500 hours and 2 years.

Vic

Michael I used the PC925 and works great as well. Here is a photo.

Geoff
0_0_d79e6d3d61b4236d1bc4a26c1036485c_1

Mine is mounted like the photo above, and I also have a 680 to the right side of it, mounted to the center intercostal structure.

I used the PC925L which puts the neg terminal on the fwd side facing to the left. Easier for me to wire both my 925 and 680 to the same area(not same bolt but close). I am glad I put both batteries back there for w&b. I have std IO-540 and Hartzell CS prop which put the ewcg about 1/2" aft of fwd limit right where I wanted it. It does not fit perfect like others said, I had to use a piece of angle on the aft end to keep it snug. I am sure other agm type batteries would work fine if you have trouble finding Odyssey. Make sure you get an Odyssey or an Odyssey approved charger as I almost destroyed a 680from buying an AGM type bat charger at the nearest auto parts store. It went up to 16.1 volts while charging and swelled up the sides. That is now my tug battery and is revived after 10 or so recharges from the Odyssey charger.

Back