What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bart Lalonde in the house.....409 RV-8 running..

Relentless

Well Known Member
2nl4tq9.jpg

An old friend and master builder Bart Lalonde couldn?t stand the ?retired winter in Kamloops? any longer. All it took was telling him about my new dyno and Titan Engine project down here in San Antonio to get him to jump on a plane. First on list of todo?s was to get our Rv8 up and running with 409. I have only been able to work on it on Saturday?s with the massive work launching Titan and almost gave up thrying to get it in the air by Sun-N-Fun but, Bart, Miguel, Brandon, and I knocked my list down in just 7 hours to the point we could start engine. Now all I need to do is finish a little com wiring for new MGL, layup carbon intake for the AFP200, and notify FSDO for new engine/prop combo to get in the air.. Three weeks to fly off time and we should be able to make SNF to give rides in our new version of a Super 8! Stay tune this week and I will update ya?ll on Bart?s antics. He gets trained on the new dyno on Monday and has already given me a laundry list of parts he needs to try his magic on the mule 409...

2ir80sx.jpg

Comin together

Hey Kevin. Great to see it coming together
in time for Sun and Fun. Hope to see you there
and will be psyched for a spin.

Nice! Can't wait to see it at S&F. What's the guesstimated H.P. rating on the 409? Tell Bart Hi for us...:)

Very nice Kevin!

I know that this is the wrong forum, but are we gonna see Relentless back at the air races come September?

Relentless is comin' back strong this year. I have new starter adapter in hand now and as soon as I get back from SNF I plan on going back to SLO to get it the air. Like to get to Oshkosh and then on to lay down some serious speeds at RENO. Should be good battle this year, 400mph Glasair 39, and rumor has it Andy is working hard on Darryl's 33 with same engine as mine...:cool:

Might enter 3 planes, one for each class Super Rv8, Long EZ, and R....

Last edited:
Kevin, hope Reno goes well, and no more of this...................

DSC05743.JPG

Last edited:
What do I need to do to get a ride in this beast at SNF? It would be my first RV ride ever. I am thinking it would be hard to go down from there but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Back