What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Barrel Clip; MS21256-1, Section 32, Page 14

Geico266

Well Known Member
You need 6 of these barrel clips for the plane and they only supplied 2 in the finish kit. Make sure you use 2 clips per barrel.

Last edited:
Yes.
Two per turnbuckle X 2 turn buckles equals 4 clips.

It sounded odd to me also, but 2 Barrel Clips came with the kit, the care package contains 4, 2+4=6. When I talked to Ken Scott at Vans I was told we need 6. When I ordered my missing parts today, Gus said I needed 4 more clips. I'm just going by what they told me.

However, I don't see any more "barrels" in the plans we have so far, so I dunno. Don't shoot me I'm only the messenger.

Last edited:
It sounded odd to me also, but 2 Barrel Clips came with the kit, the care package contains 4, 2+4=6. When I talked to Ken Scott at Vans I was told we need 6. When I ordered my missing parts today, Gus said I needed 4 more clips. I'm just going by what they told me.

However, I don't see any more "barrels" in the plans we have so far, so I dunno. Don't shoot me I'm only the messenger.

I think it is so that you have extras.
If you take one apart for any reason, you must install new lock clips.

just be sure when you go to put em in that you have em lined up perfectly with the notch or they won't go. two each barrel is correct.

Back