What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baro setting on map screen? (GRT Sport SX)

rightrudder

Well Known Member
After experimenting with all the available screens, I've found that I like to fly my plane with the GRT Sport SX in Map mode (the page with the moving map GPS, altimeter and airspeed tapes, and the strip of engine/fuel data along the bottom).

Is there any way to configure the unit so that I can change the barometric pressure setting on this page without having to change screens?

As it is, I'll change to a PFD screen, adjust the baro setting, and go back to the map. No big deal; just wondering if there was an easier way. Will call the GRT hotline if nothing turns up here. Thanks!

I don't think so.

I do the same thing-- fly on the map screen with the tapes, and flop back to PFD when I need to adjust baro. Unless they added this as a feature in the last 2 years, I don't think you can change it from the map.

You could always get a Mini and change it from there. :p

Have you tried running split screens? The PFD/MAP split allows baro adjustment.

During cruise I commonly run PFD/MAP (20 mile range) on one screen and ENG/MAP (100 or 150 mile range) on the other and set the EIS to show lean EGTs.

Thank you for the replies, Katie and Bill.

I'll give the PFD/Map screen a try...now that I've memorized the airspace around the home drome, the smaller GPS display might be OK.

Love the GRT EFIS... a great product! :D:D

The baro setting isn't frequently used as other options so it wouldn't get a high priority for buttonolgy. It would likely get buried under several next menus. Having a baro button on the map page thus wouldn't save you any button presses over going the the PFD.

The exception is the HXr which has 15 buttons and a dedicated baro button. Replacing the dedicated baro button with a map options dedicated button is currently being considered. That is because the map options is more frequently used than baro.

-Marc Robertson
GRT Avionics

Back