What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Banjo Copper Washers

JohnF

Well Known Member
In spite of being what I thought was extra careful I somehow lost or misplaced one of the copper ring washers from the banjo manifold assembly. The best I could find as a source of replacement was a major Rotax engine/parts seller in the US who quoted $4.58 each for the washers and a delivery delay of up to two months....I could find other major mechanical suppliers who had equivalent DIN 7603 washers, but only sold in huge lots of 300 to 1,000 washers.

Has anyone found a ready source for these little things? (I know that as soon as I find a replacement the 'old' one will show up, but I have to get one somehow anyway.)

Concern around Rotax parts availability

I have now seen several RV-12 posts from folks needing replacement parts for their Rotax engines and having trouble locating a supplier with parts in stock (and trying to find equivalents not supplied by Rotax either due to cost or availability). This is a bit concerning given the extensive use of the 912. For those who have been Rotax owners in the past, have you frequently encountered this problem? Seems quite odd given global commerce, internet, etc.

Jeff

The missing washer has been found !

After two sessions of 1/2 hour each looking in the engine and surroundings for a dropped washer I gave up and proceeded to try to hang the engine. I had it roughly in place on the hoist when another pilot came in to see how I was doing, so I stopped and got a cup of coffee and talked to him about the engine, and there was the washer - laying right out in the open on a 'shelf' near one of the spark plugs....I can't see how I could have missed it earlier.
But at least I found it. I also finished hanging the engine. A real milestone in the construction progress.

Thanks for the input regarding finding a source for these little things.

912 parts

I always found Lockwood Aviation in Florida to be a great source of parts. Very friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt.

Vic

Back