What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baggage ribs to bulkhead rivets

Michael Burbidge

Well Known Member
Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 5.48.04 PM.png

I wanted to confirm the rivets to be used in connecting the baggage ribs to the bulkhead. The diagram shows 8X LP4-3 with arrows pointing to three rivet holes. I assume that this means that an LP4-3 should be used in the bottom hole of all 8 baggage ribs (left and right side). Likewise the diagram shows 16X AN470AD4-4, with a single arrow pointing to one of the baggage rib holes. I assume this refers to the top two holes of each of the 8 baggage ribs (left and right side).

Is my understanding of the diagram correct?

Thanks, Michael-

View attachment 54264

I wanted to confirm the rivets to be used in connecting the baggage ribs to the bulkhead. The diagram shows 8X LP4-3 with arrows pointing to three rivet holes. I assume that this means that an LP4-3 should be used in the bottom hole of all 8 baggage ribs (left and right side). Likewise the diagram shows 16X AN470AD4-4, with a single arrow pointing to one of the baggage rib holes. I assume this refers to the top two holes of each of the 8 baggage ribs (left and right side).

Is my understanding of the diagram correct?

Thanks, Michael-
I think your understanding is correct. I'm building another model RV but based on the attached drawing I would interpret it just as you did.

Back