What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baggage Floor Prep

N223JH

Well Known Member
Page 21-02 Figure One directs the builder to dimple all #30 and #40 holes in the dashed areas. I understand why dimples are necessary where the countersunk nutplates are under the fuel tank and I understand where #30's should be dimpled to accept the CS pop rivets. What I don't understand is why the nutplate attach rivets (#40) should be dimpled on what will be flat floor and where non-countersunk nutplates are installed in the underlying structure.

It would appear to me that the only dimpling necessary would be the #19 holes on the fuel tank side and the #30's on the fuel tank side where they apparently want a flush floor. (But they call for a non-CS) nutplate in the same line as those #30 holes.

Lacking the plans for fuel tank installation, I am mystified what's going on here. Can someone help me out.

Jim

floor

OK, I think I've got this figured out. (Thanks to all of you who posted good photos on your builder sites!) The doggone platenuts are riveted through the rib flanges *and* the baggage floor. Easy fix. Disregard question. Jim

I like a guy that answers his own questions! Glad I could help. ;)

If you haven't done so yet, leave the turtle deck skins off until final assemble. It is much easier to access the bagage area for fuel pump magnatometer, and wiring installation.

Back