What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

baggage door

R

raddatz

Just a heads up, if you have the new ignition switch "black plastic around the head of the key" with two extra locks like most people tend to order. The company has changed the size of the lug so that your Van's provided tab
for latching the baggage door now has to big of a square hole in it. I had to use the tab that came with the ignition switch which is to short and cut the end off that attachs to the lock and then take the Van's supplied tab and cut that end off and weld the two together so I would have a long enough tab with the right end on it.

I managed to weld the two halves of the latch together with an arc welder from the local motor store. Hmmm. Sort of OK and I guess you could say I learnt a new skill but this latch holds the door closed in flight.

So, I emailed VANS and asked if they had produced a new latch that fits the lock. Email back today saying they would send me a new one free of charge :D

Great service.

Oh, and shame about the Ryder Cup guys. Good effort at a comeback though :p

Back