What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baggage Door Does't Fit

JackinMichigan

Well Known Member
My baggage door is a tad too wide for the door opening.

The problem is the hinge is too "fat".

I had two hinges to choose from, a thicker and thinner. The thicker had no part number but the width and thickness matched the scaled drawing.

The thinner hinge has a part number stamped on it.. MS205??? which is not the part number the directions say to use.

My son says if we used the thinner hinge the door would fit fine and I don't disagree with him.

Anyone have some advice?

Page 34-3, step 2. Calls for AN257-P3 hinge = MS20257. A lot of our MS hardware has a two zero followed by the old AN digits.

Thanks...

Yes, I saw the part number on the hinge.. and dismissed it as the wrong part. I can fix it. I will probably run short of some hinge later.....

But again, I appreciate the response.

Yes, I saw the part number on the hinge.. and dismissed it as the wrong part. I can fix it. I will probably run short of some hinge later.....

But again, I appreciate the response.

Hinge is cheap, you can always order more. Like most of us, there will be other similiar opportunities that you have to overcome. The good news is that you recognized it and know what you need to do to fix it.

Back