What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baggage Compartment Ribs to F-706A

dmhodge

We have been assembling the forward fuselage for the past several weeks and are just about ready to remove the skins to prep the parts for final assembly. I'm worried about the stability of the bottom skin that is riveted (per the instructions) to the aft fuse assembly, without the rest of the skins/skeleton to hold it straight.

This would be helped, if the aft end of the baggage compartment ribs were riveted to the F-706A bulkhead, but the instructions have never indicated that we should do this.

Should the aft end of the baggage compartment ribs be riveted to the bulkhead by now, or should I wait for something else? :confused:

I am not sure if I understand you correctly. But the center section is riveted together first, then attached to the aft fuselage. I don't recall my exact sequence, but I recall having the side skins clecoed before riveting anything. I have some pictures about half way down here, but probably not enough to answer your question though: http://home.comcast.net/~jmjula/fuselage.htm

Last edited:
I was a little confused about your question as well. Since the -7 and -9 are so similar, I thought I'd show this picture. The center section bottom skin with the seat and baggage ribs riveted. This is the position that I had it in to do the riveting. I used half cinder blocks to hold it in place.

Centersectionrivetedsml.jpg

Back