What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baffle Lacing

carl nank

Well Known Member
I am finishing my baffles with the aeroseal rubberized material. I have an older baffle kit (2004) and the pictures indicate I need to use lacing on some corners. No lacing was provided in the kit.

I checked Aircraft Spruce and the only lacing they have is rib lacing or poly fibre lacing. Is one of these OK or is there a rubberized heat approved lacing for the baffles?

Thanks for your help.

Carl....

.....We just used small tie wraps at the corners where the rubber wouldn't quite lay down. They'll become "trained" to the correct position shortly after you fly a few times and then it's not often even needed.

BTW, if you guys cut your rubber material across the short dimension, it'll already have the proper curve to lay down.

Regards,

Dental floss works well. Just need to find a big needle.
I also cuts the oil smell, leaving a minty fresh fragrance.

Vern

Thats a cool idea Vern

Dental floss...I love this homebuilding lark!...Is there a Milspec on the mint flavour?...:)

Dental floss...I love this homebuilding lark!...Is there a Milspec on the mint flavour?...:)

The MilSpec version specifically excludes mint and has standardized on eucalyptus, although field approvals for cinnamon are possible in a pinch. Also, MilSpec does not allow used floss :).

Do not archive!

Back