What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Back up Airspeed indicator with RV-12 markings

Karl Ahamer

I'm New Here
Looking for an Airspeedindicator as a back up.
Van's is not selling one with the correct markings for the RV12 yet.Any other source? Maybe it's an overkill,but I just want to be on the safe side....
regards
Karl
near Sydney/Australia

QUOTE=Karl Ahamer;660689]Looking for an Airspeedindicator as a back up.
Van's is not selling one with the correct markings for the RV12 yet.Any other source? Maybe it's an overkill,but I just want to be on the safe side....
regards
Karl
near Sydney/Australia[/QUOTE]

Karl, I just added markings to my 2 1/4"ASI with vinyl stick-ons from Aircraft Spruce. Fiddly job with a hobby knife and tweezers, but it looks OK from normal viewing distance.

7231842148_64b254e27e_n.jpg
[

Karl,

I had the same problem. Solved it with the help of Aircraft Spruce. I researched that I wanted to have a Winter ASI in 2-1/4" size with 510 degree range. That way I get a lot of resolution on approach without wasting panel real estate. Winter will put any markings on your custom built ASI for a small fee and a 4 week wait.
Spruce came through with by far the best offer for this custom built and I am currently waiting for it. It should be here in about 2 weeks.
If you need details about my order, PM me.

LX Avionics

These guys in the UK provided my Winter 2.25 inch ASI and painted the arcs on the display for me.

"ASIs with a single revolution are ?227.00 excl VAT; ?261.05 including VAT)
Colour marking to your spec would be ?10 plus VAT"

(1st Dec 2009 quotation).

Cheers...Keith

If you fly single most of the time why not have them graduated for 10% slower speed as you (most) are well under gross wgt? Then you don't have to remember to adjust what you are looking at.

261 pounds? Bless your heart. God, I love America!
Dick Seiders

I added an ASI from UMA. If you supply them with the ranges, they will add the proper bands to unit. I think the added cost was only about $ 20

Back