What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

B & C regulator noise

dbhill916

Well Known Member
Patron
I installed the B&C regulator a few months ago. While I am enjoying the peace of mind that comes from its reported lower failure rate, I am not enjoying the new electrical noise. The noise is related to the load on the electrical system (e.g., you can hear it get louder/softer with the firing of the strobes or if the landing light is in pulse mode), but is present at all times even when the load is constant.

B&C advertises filter capacitors on their website. Has anyone had any experience with either the 10,000 uF ($44) or the 22,000 uF ($76) capacitors they market, or Van's ES-00102 (no specs) ($114) ?

Thanks,
-dbh

I installed the B&C regulator a few months ago. While I am enjoying the peace of mind that comes from its reported lower failure rate, I am not enjoying the new electrical noise. The noise is related to the load on the electrical system (e.g., you can hear it get louder/softer with the firing of the strobes or if the landing light is in pulse mode), but is present at all times even when the load is constant.

B&C advertises filter capacitors on their website. Has anyone had any experience with either the 10,000 uF ($44) or the 22,000 uF ($76) capacitors they market, or Van's ES-00102 (no specs) ($114) ?

Thanks,
-dbh
I have two B & C regulator in my -10 and they are completely silent...could it be a grounding issue?

Call and talk to them, I have found them to be very responsive, knowledgeable and helpful.

Back