What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avionics Phase

Bart

Well Known Member
I may be out of bounds with this question but I was wondering if this community has found an avionics supplier that has given pretty deals when the time came to buy these somewhat pricey units. In my research I have seen prices move 10% between suppliers but once in a while find a really good price break on one radio only to find out shipping was twice as much or the other radios were much higher. If anyone has had particular good service, price breaks, customer support I'd appreciate the info.

I used the now defunk Accuracy Avionics and was pleased...but they are no more. I would highly as many here would, recommend a call to Stein, Steinair...you won't be steered wrong, there are a few others that are really good too but anyone who puts out a T-shirt that says were not happy till you're broke can't be all bad:p

Pacific Coast Avionics http://www.pacific-coast-avionics.com/ IIRC the guys name was Randy Wright. worked great for me. returned my calls and e-mails where others let em go and never returned them, even when they said "we'll call ya this afternoon or tommorow..":mad: how many times do i need to say i wanna spend 15,000$ dollars.:rolleyes: yeah i know its peanuts in the avionics world but who knows what my next project will be.:cool: they were cheaper than all the others i talked to also.

Last edited:
I highly recommend Steinair. I bought AFS, Vertical Power and Tru Track system from them.

Really excellent service and extremely knowledgeable when it comes to asking tech questions. Not the cheapest I'm sure but the value of customer service is well worth it.

If you really are after the cheapest, ask around before buying to find out about after sales service. They may well not be the cheapest in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back